Andres Andreu has just published a new book titled "Professional Pen Testing for Web Applications" by Wrox.
"There is no such thing as "perfect security" when it comes to keeping all systems intact and functioning properly. Good penetration (pen) testing creates a balance that allows a system to be secure while simultaneously being fully functional. With this book, you'll learn how to become an effective penetrator (i.e., a white hat or ethical hacker) in order to circumvent the security features of a Web application so that those features can be accurately evaluated and adequate security precautions can be put in place.
After a review of the basics of web applications, you'll be introduced to web application hacking concepts and techniques such as vulnerability analysis, attack simulation, results analysis, manuals, source code, and circuit diagrams. These web application hacking concepts and techniques will prove useful information for ultimately securing the resources that need your protection.
What you will learn from this book
* Surveillance techniques that an attacker uses when targeting a system for a strike
* Various types of issues that exist within the modern day web application space
* How to audit web services in order to assess areas of risk and exposure
* How to analyze your results and translate them into documentation that is useful for remediation
* Techniques for pen-testing trials to practice before a live project"
Book Link: Amazon Book Information