Sullo has sent the following announcement to the full disclosure mailing list indicating a new release of Nikto.
"I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of Nikto 2.1.1!
Nikto is an open source web server scanner which performs
comprehensive tests against web servers for multiple items, including
over 6100 potentially dangerous files/CGIs, checks for outdated
versions of over 950 servers, and version specific problems on over
In addition to bug fixes, 2.1.1 contains some new functionality, including:
- New remote file inclusion (RFI) testing
- Over 2300 new RFI tests (courtesy RSnake/OSVDB)
- Sending of each test ID in the User-Agent
- Libwhisker 2.5, which includes 2 new IDS evasion techniques
- Ability to run specific plugins
- XML report now includes SSL information
See the CHANGELOG.txt file, cirt.net or assembla.com for the full list
nikto-2.1.1.tar.bz2 = 4a7ca9634190eba8cac9847117a72446
nikto-2.1.1.tar.gz = a9404c3f464b08f3f48788d5f39e0ca7"